Monday, November 10, 2014

v5.0

Version 5:

- Added support for siteswaps up to "z" (for passing use a capital "P")
- Changed dwell duration to dwell ratio
- Animation automatically starts on page load. If you pass in a siteswap in the URL query string then it'll use that siteswap. For example: ydgunz.github.io/gunswap?siteswap=531. Make sure to encode the URI component (just use encodeURIComponent), so to animate 24[54] you would put in ydgunz.github.io/gunswap?siteswap=%5B33%5D.
- Cubic bezier dwell paths! This is one of the ideas that I've been excited about for a while and it's finally coming together. This will need it's own post to explain everything, but the general idea is that using cubic bezier interpolation to define dwell paths will allow patterns like mills mess, factory, etc. I've added a bezier version of the cascade and the 1-count factory (I think some people call this "waterfall"?) to the hand movement select list. More to come on this.
- I spent some time trying to make more of an app out of this so that folks can save patterns. But I'm not really sure where that's going so I stopped. I think I'm going to spend some time documenting the existing code and figuring out how to clean it up some more. Oh the luxuries of a project with no deadline.

No comments:

Post a Comment